Friday, December 2, 2016

Using an oscillating sander

I hate sanding. Hate it.

Recently, I became aware that some folks are using

Spinning Bowl Sanding tool as described by Marius Horberger in the following video:

Home Made Spinnig Bowl Sander

(By the way, his videos are wonderful - very complete and efficient with minimal wastage of time. )

Anyway, I made one of these and it works fine, but I was wondering if there was a better way and I think I found it. I dusted off my old Bosch Random Orbit sander and tried that. It worked extremely well - for the outside of the bowl at least. Much better than hand sanding and even better that the Spinning Bowl Sander.

Admittedly, this works only on the outside of the bowl, but it is a great technique. And it worked with a power tool that I had almost forgotten about (did I mention that I HATE sanding).

No comments:

Post a Comment